Since we’re less than a week away from 2013, I thought now would be a good time to give an update on my 2012 goals. I’ve also started thinking about my 2013 goals, but will share those in a separate post.
- Complete 20 races (one must be a duathlon) I only completed 15 races and may or may not hit 16 on New Year’s Eve. Race results are posted on my 2012 Race Results page, if you want to see just how slow I am! Also, I did not do any duathlons this year, but I did buy a new bike.
- Run 400 miles Falling out of love with running following my half marathon didn’t help here. As of today, December 26th, I’ve run 233 miles. I might get another 5-10 miles in before year-end and although this isn’t impressive mileage, it’s better than last year’s total. I’m happy there was some improvement.
- Complete one full 90 day circuit of ChaLean Extreme (re-started 1/2/2012) Quit 30 days in because I didn’t feel like the resistance bands were helping me progress in strength. I got sidetracked and didn’t return to it.
- Shave 10 minutes off my Warrior Dash time from last year Opposite of improvement happened here. Doing long runs killed any speed I had and slacking off of my workouts overall killed my endurance.
- Run a sub-30 5k Failed this one, too, but mostly because I focused on long runs and only a few 5ks this year. I plan to change this for 2013.
- Make it to the finish line alive and in one piece for both half marathons (preferably in under 3 hours, but I’m not pushing my luck) I survived the three half marathons I started and came in just under 3 hours for all three of them. Success!
- Pay off my car, credit cards and medical bills This one was a biggie and I paid them all off, thanks to Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University.
- Either hit my goal weight of 150 or fit comfortably in size 8 jeans Failed on this one. I should know better than to base any goals on size or weight numbers. I should also know better than to slack completely on workouts just because I didn’t love running anymore.
- Cook dinner at home at least twice weekly instead of eating out This was the goal I honestly didn’t think I’d make and boy, was I right! This one will be carried over into 2013.
- Blog more frequently, at least three times weekly Also failed at this one.
- Write new goals weekly, per Chalene Johnson’s book PUSH I managed to follow through with this one for the first few months of the year, then it fell to the wayside. I’ll be picking this one up again for 2013 as well.
- Visit my horse at least once per week I also started really well with this one, but as life got busy toward the fall, I fell off here, too. This is one I NEED to work on. I miss my Sadie!
Overall, I feel that I didn’t do very well on my 2012 goals, with the exception of the financial goals. I’m hoping that being in a better place financially going into 2013 will give me opportunity to put more focus on other goals.
How did you do on your 2012 goals?