Yesterday, I went snowshoeing for the first time ever! I rented snowshoes at Nerstrand Big Woods State Park and snowshoed a one-mile loop to Hidden Falls, a waterfall, located in the park. It was an absolute blast and wasn’t nearly as hard as I thought it would be. The snowshoes were “Alaskan style,” so they were the really long wooden ones that were a bit difficult to maneuver, especially when turning. After a conversation with the Park Ranger, I’m looking forward to trying some more modern ones and may even buy a pair. It was a wonderful exercise where I got to burn approximately 700 calories AND enjoy the beautiful outdoors!
- @EventClipNoPins Thanks for keeping my bib in place during Grandma's Marathon! 1 week ago
- @GrandmasMara Thanks for making my first marathon experience awesome. Who knew fun and marathon could belong in the same sentence? 1 week ago
- Yesterday, I became a marathoner! I couldn't have done it without my team. #MomsontheRun #LoveMyTeam #MOTRstrong #MOTRAmbassador #gmas17 1 week ago
- City of Trails 5k happierheather.com/2017/06/12/cit… 2 weeks ago
- The LAST long run of marathon training is officially done! Just a few short runs between me and the big day. #gmas17 #MOTRstrong #LoveMyTeam 2 weeks ago
- Grandma's MarathonJune 17th, 2017